21OCT12

[18:33] > Gerhal has joined
[18:36] > Klokwerk_Emprah has joined
[18:36] * Gerhal * ,srtest 5
[18:36] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Gerhal, hits: 1.
[18:39] * Rivet_ * ,noes
[18:39] * Klokwerk_Emprah * 1191. Super powers that are only useful to art majors are vetoed.
[18:39] * Gerhal * ...
[18:40] * Gerhal * What kind of super power is only useful for art majors?
[18:40] * Gerhal * Shape Paper Mache?
[18:40] * Rivet_ * Not sure, off-hand. Perhaps bard-type abilities. A Green Lantern ring.
[18:41] * Rivet_ * The ability to magically paint what you see.
[18:41] * Gerhal * The keyword is only.
[18:41] * Gerhal * Only useful to Art Majors.
[18:42] * Rivet_ * yeah, well. I just woke up.
[18:42] * Rivet_ * ,daat
[18:42] * Klokwerk_Emprah * 56. Sinister cult believes key to peace and happiness is painting everything blue.
[18:42] * Gerhal * The Bluvians.
[18:42] * Gerhal * They'd be our greatest enemy if they could only agree on which /shade/ of blue.
[18:43] * Rivet_ * It's those deviant Indigoans you really gotta watch out for.
[18:44] * Gerhal * Nah, it's those Clearios. You never know what they stand for.
[18:44] < Siren has disconnected (Quit: Leaving.)
[18:45] * Rivet_ * Me, I'd never turn my back on a Rouge.
[18:45] * Gerhal * Oh ho ho!
[18:48] > Siren has joined
[18:48] * Rivet_ * We'll see how the game goes tonight. Though I keep thinking I want to re-roll as a magician.
[18:49] * Gerhal * We shall see.
[18:49] * Gerhal * Hey Siren
[18:49] * Gerhal * Bill said he'd actually be around tonight.
[18:50] * Rivet_ * Oh? What happened to his show?
[18:50] * Gerhal * Dunno
[18:53] * Gerhal * Siren, you ready?
[18:55] * Siren * Sorry! I went AFK but I am back and yes read
[18:56] * Gerhal * Nacho Is going to snoop tonight. He says he is not ready. So be it. Put on your costumes, jokers.
[18:56] * Gerhal * It's time for... Escape from Fort Plisken.
[18:56] ^ Gerhal is now known as Hydrogen
[18:57] ^ Siren is now known as Ink
[18:57] > Nacht has joined
[18:59] * Hydrogen * Since your tentative interview with Mr. Ichiro, you have been inundated with a seemingly endless stream of paperwork. Beauracracy at its finest. For what it's worth, legal forms aren't quite as horrific as they used to be. Twenty years ago, Citizens for Sanity released, "Baldie the Legal Eagle."
[18:59] ^ Rivet_ is now known as Talib
[19:00] * Hydrogen * This freeware sprite will read any legal document, and explain it to you in plain English. Or Spanish. Or whatever it is you speak. Baldie is generally up to date with anything written before last year.
[19:01] * Hydrogen * Sadly, the Tax Code has been known to cause errors, so Baldie has not ended the need for private tax auditors just yet.
[19:01] * Ink * That's too bad.
[19:02] * Hydrogen * After signing all the various forms, you've been tasked to fly to Jacksonville Florida to report for your duty medical exam, and orientation.
[19:02] * Talib * (Oh, god. An airport. That's gonna be a delay.)
[19:03] * Hydrogen * Roll your Edge stat, everyone.
[19:03] * Talib * ,srtest 2
[19:03] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 0.
[19:04] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[19:04] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 1.
[19:04] * Hydrogen * Talib experiences a two hour delay after missing a connecting flight. Ink lucks out, and experiences no hassles. They even have a seat free in his size.
[19:05] * Ink * Score.
[19:05] * Hydrogen * Roll perception. Intuition + perception skill (visual)
[19:07] * Talib * ,srtest 7
[19:07] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 1.
[19:07] * Ink * ,srtest 12
[19:07] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 4.
[19:07] * Ink * Chummer automatically combines the two on the skills page, right?
[19:08] * Hydrogen * For Talib, it is just another airport. Ugh. His AR aids create a line on the floor that should lead him to his taxi.
[19:08] * Hydrogen * (yeah)
[19:08] * Talib * (though it doesn't add in the bonuses from your gear)
[19:08] * Ink * (ohhh)
[19:08] * Hydrogen * Ink instantly recognizes Talib as he steps off.
[19:08] * Hydrogen * Hey, it's that guy with the robo pets!
[19:09] * Talib * (you should have an extra 2 or 3 dice from the glasses or whatever I gave you)
[19:09] * Ink * (okie dokie. I'll double check.)
[19:09] * Ink gives Talib a wave.
[19:09] * Talib * Though you only see them if you've got AR up.
[19:09] * Hydrogen * Ink also has an augmented reality guide in her glasses pointing the wave to luggage pickup, and taxis.
[19:10] * Talib is pondering whether to go to Cinnabon or Muffin King and somehow misses the giant trying to get his attention.
[19:11] * Hydrogen * The zombies... err, I mean the Sheeple... err, I mean the passengers make their way to the luggage carosel.
[19:11] * Ink * If it's not too much out of his way, the giant black man will approach Talib and get his attention. If it looks like he's going to have to pick up his pace too much, or go too far off his path, he'll leave it be.
[19:12] * Hydrogen * (I have put you on the narrative railroad. The railroad called luggage. Mwahahaha.)
[19:12] * Talib * (so it's a luggage train, then?)
[19:12] * Hydrogen * (Yes, and you are totally excess baggage)
[19:13] * Ink will ride the luggage train.
[19:13] * Talib is momentarily puzzled as his AR tags get shifted out of the way as something big imposes itself in his field. He looks up. And up. "Oh. Wow. Hey."
[19:16] * Ink says, "Hey," and points in the direction of the luggage carosel.
[19:16] * Talib * "Yeah. You seen either of the other guys?"
[19:17] * Talib is on his way to baggage pickup.
[19:17] * Ink shakes his head. "Nah."
[19:17] * Hydrogen * Some of the passengers wait patiently while others are busy sheparding their children and spouses. There are no cell phones though. Everyone has digital nueral interfaces so they can call their contacts and loved ones at the speed of thought. Thankfully that was the deathknell for overly loud cellphone yodellers.
[19:19] * Hydrogen * Everyone thought that airport luggage would be faster when they had robots. This was true. Except airports now downsize robots the same way they downsize fleshbags. They never seem to have enough robots to make the luggage actually go any faster. But at least they don't steal laptops.
[19:19] * Hydrogen * You get your bags, and it's taxi time.
[19:21] * Hydrogen * Talib, give me a data search to find an open cab.
[19:22] * Hydrogen * (If it feels like I'm pushing you at times, I am. This is boot camp to give you contextual examples of how your skills are used.)
[19:23] * Talib * (no worries. I just gotta remember what I use here)
[19:23] * Hydrogen * There should be a data search skill, and the browse program.
[19:23] * Hydrogen * Then add bonii accordingly.
[19:26] * Hydrogen * (Ping? Am I linkdead?)
[19:27] * Ink * pin
[19:27] * Ink * oops. Ping
[19:27] * Talib * (no, I just have to reference some stuff. Sorry for being unprepared)
[19:27] * Hydrogen * (Ok. Good. I asked him to find a cab, not hack the GM. harharhar)
[19:27] * Hydrogen * (no worries)
[19:28] * Talib * ,srtest 8 (threading a Browse CF)
[19:28] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[19:29] * Hydrogen * (Siren, what Talib is doing is not using a search program. He's using technomancer powers to create one spontaneously, and then searching with it.)
[19:29] * Hydrogen * (Taliboogle)
[19:29] * Talib * (so R3, Fading DV 3S)
[19:30] * Ink * (Gotcha. Sounds pretty sweet.)
[19:30] * Talib * ,srtest 10
[19:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, dice pool size must be more than zero.
[19:30] * Talib * ,srtest 10
[19:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 0.
[19:30] * Talib * (really?)
[19:30] * Hydrogen * (rofl)
[19:30] * Talib * ,srtest 6 (hailing a cab)
[19:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 2.
[19:31] * Ink * (lol)
[19:32] * Hydrogen * Talib resorts to just hailing a cab after he's unable to find a good one line. It pulls up in this small three wheeled electrical thing that looks like a golf cart had sex with a balloon.
[19:32] * Ink * (Fascinating.
[19:33] * Talib looks tired.
[19:33] * Hydrogen * The cab has no driver. It's a small mercy since that means there is just enough room for both of you to fit.
[19:34] * Ink tries to squeeze a bit.
[19:34] * Talib flops into the seat and scooches up against the wall as much as possible.
[19:35] * Hydrogen * A digital voice queries, "Destination?"
[19:36] * Talib * Do we know it already?
[19:37] * Hydrogen * (Aye!)
[19:37] * Hydrogen * (Jacksonville Federal)
[19:37] * Talib relays that to the autocab
[19:38] * Hydrogen * The cab slowly accelerates, and you are on your way. The taxi cab pings your commlinks, asking for permissions to access your playlists so it can select music for your ride.
[19:39] * Talib just has a bunch of podcasts bookmarked.
[19:40] * Hydrogen * Twenty minutes later you pull up in front of Jacksonville Federal. Go figure, every one of these things looks the same.
[19:40] * Ink has a couple of chill folk-esque songs marked.
[19:41] * Hydrogen * (Anything to say while in the cab?)
[19:41] * Ink * (Not for me.)
[19:41] * Talib attempts to engage in idle chit-chat. "How about Local Sports Team, huh?"
[19:43] * Ink is awkward. "Uh.... Yeah.... It's.... uh.... cool...."
[19:43] * Hydrogen * (say when ready for fast forward)
[19:44] * Talib tries to shrug, gives it up for a lark, and starts playing Tangrams with Friends with his glasses and earbuds.
[19:45] * Ink looks out the window.
[19:45] * Ink * (ff?
[19:45] * Ink * )
[19:45] * Talib * (yeah)
[19:46] * Hydrogen * The sky is wide, open, and blue. A couple lazy puffy white clouds just hang around. Somethings don't change.
[19:46] * Hydrogen * Neither does the humidity. If not for the air condition in this cab, you'd be sweating a storm.
[19:46] * Hydrogen * A fleshbag... err, receptionist is waiting at the front desk. She glances at you, and then her gaze drifts to the side as she focuses on an invisible AR display. She smiles, "Welcome. Please come this way. They have medical open and the techs are waiting for you."
[19:47] * Talib nods and follows the prompts.
[19:48] * Ink follows, looking around somewhat nervously.
[19:48] > FoulDwimmerlaik has joined
[19:48] * FoulDwimmerlaik * for the emperor
[19:48] * Talib * (what happened to your show?)
[19:49] * Hydrogen * Medical is pretty standard. There is a sterile waiting room, and a sliding 1 way mirror that leads to what should be the receptionist's cube. A digital display on the glass displays red. Must be nobody home. Nonetheless, you get pings on your commlinks requesting a connection from the medical network.
[19:49] * Hydrogen * (Hey Bill)
[19:49] * Hydrogen * There is a man waiting here already. Hey, it's that guy!
[19:50] * Hydrogen * Bill, your toon is in the medical waiting area of a Federal Building in Jacksonville Florida.
[19:50] * Talib grants temporary perms and patches in his biomonitor feed.
[19:50] * Hydrogen * Two people you recognize just walked in.
[19:50] * Ink does the same.
[19:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Which two)
[19:51] * Hydrogen * (Ink, and Talib)
[19:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (A long depressing story. I won't bothere you with it)
[19:52] * Talib * (that sucks. Sorry, man. Still. glad you can play)
[19:53] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (I just shit myself. http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/548846_479742298724361_283591006_n.jpg )
[19:53] * Hydrogen * (Somebody mail Bill some new undies.)
[19:54] * Ink * (What is that?)
[19:54] * Talib * (jeepers. Which class of ship is that?)
[19:54] * Hydrogen * (It's what passes for an airplane in Warhammer 40k.)
[19:54] * Ink * (Woooooww. That's crazy.
[19:55] * Ink * )
[19:56] * Hydrogen * Ding! The glass panel turns green before a nurse slides it open. "Heellllllllllllllooooooooooooooo!"
[19:57] * Hydrogen * She smiles like a cat who has found new toys. "How is everybody this morning?"
[19:57] * Ink raises his eyebrows at her.
[19:58] * Talib * "Got anything for a headache?"
[20:00] * Hydrogen * "You name it, we have it." A door slide open. "Head that-a-way, and you we'll start the exam." She gestures to Ink, "You'll find a medkit on the counter, please give them a once over. Then we're going to start a treadmill exercise to get a baseline. And then we'll get you prepped for Escape from Fort Plisken."
[20:01] * Hydrogen * Ink, you get the feeling you've been charged with actually doing the basic knee tapping, and such test.
[20:01] * Hydrogen * Roll your logic + first aid + 6 dice from the rating of the medkit.
[20:01] * Ink looks awkwardly at the lady for a moment, then around at the others, and walks over to the medkit.
[20:02] * Ink * ,srtest 14
[20:02] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 4.
[20:02] * Talib * "For what?"
[20:02] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Escape from fort plisken?"
[20:03] * Hydrogen * "Yes. It's a VR training and assessment simulation."
[20:03] * Hydrogen * "My favorite, personally."
[20:04] * Hydrogen * Ink gives all of you a good once over. (Talib, if you took any stun, you've been healed for 2 boxes)
[20:04] * Talib * (roger)
[20:05] * Hydrogen * Ink gives you a dose of some pain meds, and it eases your headache.
[20:06] * Hydrogen * The nurse joins you. "I'd like everyone to take a seat in one of those recliners, and anybody who doesn't have a datajack should grab a set of trodes."
[20:07] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *grabs some trodes*
[20:07] * Talib * (wired system?)
[20:07] * Hydrogen * (Yes)
[20:08] * Hydrogen * (It would have a skinlinked USB thingy though.)
[20:08] * Hydrogen * (If you don't have a jack)
[20:08] * Ink also takes a set of trodes.
[20:09] * Talib * "Wired? Really?" He rolls his eyes and picks a seat with a skinlink.
[20:10] * Hydrogen * "It never seems to surprise me how Resistors seem to have such a low percentage of datajack augmentations. Anyways, just lie back and relax. I will begin the simulation in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
[20:11] * Hydrogen * Diving into VR like this is sort of like waking up with a start.
[20:11] * Hydrogen * You awake in a mostly dimly lit, dank prison cell.
[20:12] * Talib * Alone, or as a group?
[20:12] * Hydrogen * The only source of light is through the bars on the door. A jittering, buzzing light panel runs down the ceiling.
[20:12] * Hydrogen * (together)
[20:13] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Hngh>"
[20:14] * Hydrogen * The walls are old stone stained with corrosion. It's like you've gone back in time 100 years. The floor is soiled, and you can hear flies buzzing.
[20:14] * Ink looks around.
[20:14] * Hydrogen * The door is rusted iron bars. It has two locks. One is a plain old analog thing, and the other is a maglock that looks like it was added later.
[20:15] * Ink * What gear do we have?
[20:15] * Hydrogen * A digital voice speaks into your ears, "Welcome to Escape from Fort Plisken, version 7.1."
[20:15] * Hydrogen * You have prison orange clothing.
[20:15] * Talib * (do we have landing boots, at least?)
[20:16] * Hydrogen * (Barefeet, suckers)
[20:16] * Hydrogen * "I see you are new players! Congratulations. We will create new profiles for you, and record your personal performance and best times."
[20:17] * Hydrogen * "Your mission is simple, escape without dying. Since this is your first attempt, have fun. But remember we are watching."
[20:17] * Talib tries to call up his character sheet.
[20:19] * Hydrogen * How do you wish to escape? Wait for a guard? Hack the door? Pick the door? Break the door?
[20:20] * Talib * How are we situated? Are our abilities being emulated?
[20:21] * Hydrogen * Your abilities are emulated the same as your real scores.
[20:21] * Ink votes break the door.
[20:22] * Talib * What's the local network look like?
[20:22] * Hydrogen * Roll intuition and logic.
[20:22] * Hydrogen * There is a tiny network on the maglock.
[20:22] * Talib * ,srtest 10
[20:22] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[20:22] * Hydrogen * But no other network in range of the cell except for every present sim network. You could hack that, but that would cheat the entire sim.
[20:23] * Hydrogen * (everybody roll that intuition + logic test)
[20:23] * Ink * ,srtest 8
[20:23] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 2.
[20:23] * Talib * (Hey, if it's good enough for Captain Kirk...)
[20:24] * Hydrogen * 2+ hits, something is fishy. How would they have enough data to model you accurately in this kind of sim with nothing but a basic checkup? Weird.
[20:24] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Hold on let me check
[20:25] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 6
[20:25] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 2.
[20:25] * Talib * ,srtest 8 (analyze on the lock node)
[20:25] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, dice pool size must be more than zero.
[20:25] * Talib * ,srtest 8
[20:25] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 2.
[20:25] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "This doesn't feel right."
[20:25] * Ink gets a little shifty.
[20:25] * Hydrogen * Anyways, feel free to talk people. Or declare your actions if you are done waitin' on these other slow pokes.
[20:26] * Talib * "No. But it's to be expected. These people have access to artifacts. They will have been very thorough."
[20:26] * Hydrogen * You get the impression that the maglock is a rating 2 device.
[20:27] * Ink tests the door, looking for general weak points, etc. Roll perc?
[20:27] * Hydrogen * (sure!)
[20:28] * Talib attempts to get the maglock open. Going on-the-fly.
[20:29] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (hack+exploit)
[20:29] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 5.
[20:29] * Ink * Or not.
[20:29] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 4
[20:29] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 2.
[20:29] * Talib * (Stealth is 5 for detection avoidance)
[20:30] * Hydrogen * (The goal is what again? rating + 0/2/4?)
[20:30] * Talib * (+3 for security access, +6 for admin)
[20:30] * Hydrogen * (ah. Still, 5 will be enough)
[20:30] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (looking to be thorough)
[20:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[20:31] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 4
[20:31] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 2.
[20:31] * Hydrogen * (You have Admin)
[20:31] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *moves up, cracking his knuckles*
[20:32] * Ink * (I'm not entirely sure what happened with Talib's roll...?)
[20:33] * Hydrogen * (Talib was rolling to again access to the maglock's node. Now he's an admin user, so he can open / lock it. Or change the user list)
[20:33] * Talib adds himself to the owner's list with diagnostic privs
[20:34] * Ink * (Ahhh. Cool.)
[20:34] * Ink * (Thanks)
[20:34] * Hydrogen * What now?
[20:35] * Ink * ,srtest 12
[20:35] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 5.
[20:35] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (analyze node)
[20:35] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 4.
[20:35] * Ink * For perception.
[20:35] * Talib * Checking to see if the other locks in the facility are networked.
[20:37] * Hydrogen * The door appears to have a weakness. The hinges anchors have some wiggle. And better yet, these bars are a bin thin. They were not forged with genetically engineered humans in mind. (i.e. trolls or cyberaugmented folk)
[20:37] * Hydrogen * The maglock is totally isolated Talib. Standalone device.
[20:37] * Hydrogen * It appears to be the only lock in your network range. There must be jamming in the hallway.
[20:38] * Ink picks a weak point and tries to break the door.
[20:38] * Hydrogen * You could try a teamwork test, and do a combo attack on the door with Rob.
[20:38] * Ink * Oh. That sounds even better.
[20:38] * Hydrogen * Awesome, cross attack!
[20:38] * Talib * "One of you might still have to deal with the hardlock. But I've got the mag open." As he speaks, the light flips from red to green.
[20:39] * Hydrogen * Which of you has a better unarmed combat attack pool?
[20:39] * Hydrogen * Doh. Awww.
[20:39] * Ink * I have no unarmed combat....
[20:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * I do
[20:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * :3
[20:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * FISTPUNCH
[20:39] * Hydrogen * Well, let's do this.
[20:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> LEEEROY
[20:40] * Ink * Nice.
[20:40] * Hydrogen * Talib gets the lock maglock open, but that's not enough. You still have the iron lock.
[20:40] * Hydrogen * Here is how you do a combo attack.
[20:40] * Hydrogen * Ink, roll your agility -1 for untrained melee.
[20:41] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[20:41] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 1.
[20:41] * Hydrogen * 1 hit. Rob, roll your unarmed combat with +1 bonus dice from Ink.
[20:44] * Hydrogen * (Hello?)
[20:45] * FoulDwimmerlaik * sure
[20:45] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 7
[20:45] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 2.
[20:45] * FoulDwimmerlaik * pow
[20:46] * Hydrogen * Okay. What's your unarmed damage with 2 hits?
[20:47] * Hydrogen * STR / 2, round up. Plus net hits. Plus any anything from bone implants or cyberweapons.
[20:48] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Aluminum bone lacing, strength is 6
[20:48] * FoulDwimmerlaik * so 3+2+idk bone lacing's bonus
[20:48] * Hydrogen * 1 or 2.
[20:49] * Hydrogen * 2
[20:49] * Hydrogen * 7 dmg!
[20:49] * Hydrogen * The iron door rolls to resist.
[20:49] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 12
[20:49] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 7.
[20:50] * Hydrogen * Nullified!
[20:50] * Hydrogen * Wham!
[20:50] * Hydrogen * You give the rust a good rattling as the two of you slam into the door.
[20:50] * Hydrogen * You get the feeling the open maglock has either stopped an alarm, or even made it looser.
[20:50] * Hydrogen * Try again?
[20:51] * Hydrogen * Ink and Rob! Roll to assist, and roll to open!
[20:51] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (analysis on the simulation node)
[20:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 1.
[20:51] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[20:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 0.
[20:52] * Ink * hm....
[20:52] * Talib * Also, is there any furniture in teh cell? Metal-frame bunks? Fixtures?
[20:52] * Hydrogen * There are some metal frame bunks.
[20:53] * Hydrogen * Rotted out matresses.
[20:53] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 7
[20:53] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 2.
[20:53] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[20:53] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 0.
[20:53] * FoulDwimmerlaik * 7 damage again
[20:53] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Punchin that door down
[20:53] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 12
[20:53] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 5.
[20:53] * Ink * (Are you sure I can't roll body....)
[20:53] * Hydrogen * 2 dmg! The door is starting to give.
[20:53] * Hydrogen * (You've got the mass Inkie. You just aren't sure how to use it.)
[20:54] * Hydrogen * (Hey, don't you have muscle toner for extra agility?)
[20:54] * Hydrogen * (no, wait. Adept)
[20:54] * Hydrogen * (No cybermonkey)
[20:54] * Ink * (Yup. I'll have to work on that unarmed combat thing, I guess. In the meantime...)
[20:54] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[20:54] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 1.
[20:54] * Talib * "Whenever you finish that, we should probably disassemble these beds. It's not much, but we can probably whip up some shivs or spears or something."
[20:55] * Hydrogen * Due to the condition of the door, another good hit like that, and you should have that door open.
[20:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *flexes his hand again*
[20:57] * Hydrogen * (gimme one more attack Bill, with 1 bonus dice from Ink)
[20:58] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 8
[20:58] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 1. Glitch!
[20:58] * FoulDwimmerlaik * oof
[20:58] * FoulDwimmerlaik * did I glitch or what?
[20:59] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 12
[20:59] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 4.
[20:59] * Talib sits down to wait and reaches out to the digital aether surrounding the lock. (attempting to compile an R5 Machine Sprite)
[20:59] * Ink * (glitch?)
[20:59] * Hydrogen * The door opens, and as it swings open the maglock turns red. It has reset, and Talib loses control of the primitive device.
[21:00] * Hydrogen * (A glitch is when you roll a lot of 1s. It means something interesting happens.)
[21:00] * Ink * (I don't guess I could use part of those metal bedframes like an axe, could I? I actually have an axe/knife ability.)
[21:00] * Talib * (if you roll a 5 or a 6 on a dice, it counts as a success. If you roll a 1, it's not only a failure, but something additional happens)
[21:00] * Hydrogen * (A critical glitch means something interesting, and bad happens.)
[21:00] * Hydrogen * (You could only fashion knives or clubs.)
[21:00] * Talib * ,srtest 11 (compiling)
[21:00] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 4.
[21:01] * Talib * (sprite rolls 5 dice to oppose)
[21:01] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 5
[21:01] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 1.
[21:01] * Talib * 3 net successes, 3 tasks. Sweet.
[21:02] * Ink * (How do we know if we roll a 1?)
[21:02] * Talib * ,srtest 11 (fading)
[21:02] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[21:02] * Hydrogen * (The bot will tell you if you roll enough to glitch)
[21:03] * Talib * (DV was 2, Beaten. I think)
[21:03] * Hydrogen * (aye)
[21:03] * Ink * (oh okay, cool)
[21:03] * Hydrogen * So, recap.
[21:03] * Talib * (Yeah. If you look at Bills' roll, it noted the glitch)
[21:03] * Ink * (ahh okay. Missed that.)
[21:04] * Hydrogen * Rob has literally punched open an iron door with Ink's bulky assistance. But the impact seems to have reset the maglock now that it swings open so you can't re-close it.
[21:04] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Let's get some knives and move -fast-."
[21:05] * Talib * "If one of you can break that bedframe, you should be able to make one or three."
[21:05] * Hydrogen * Roll me some kind of salvage or crafting skill.
[21:05] * Ink * .... I'm not sure I have any such skills....
[21:06] * Talib * (probably nobody does. It'd be an improvised roll using your int and str or something)
[21:06] * Hydrogen * (logic is the default stat for crafting)
[21:06] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 2
[21:06] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 1.
[21:06] * Talib * ,srtest 5
[21:06] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 0.
[21:06] * Ink * ,srtest 4
[21:06] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 2.
[21:06] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *will punch the bed until it works :3*
[21:07] * Hydrogen * Ink figures out a way to make two good clubs out of the frame between his and Rob's strength.
[21:08] * Talib * "This looked alot easier in In The Ruins."
[21:08] * Hydrogen * FYI, your clubs deal STR / 2 round up +1 physical damage with 1 Reach.
[21:09] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *would rather something edged, shitfuck*
[21:09] * Hydrogen * What's next?!?
[21:10] * Talib * Nobody else can see into AR or VR right now, can they?
[21:10] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Actually, can rob get a jagged shank type thing?)
[21:10] * Ink * (Oh, oh, me too!)
[21:12] * Hydrogen * (If you could get a boot or a hammer, you could make yours into a shank.)
[21:12] * Hydrogen * (You need more tools)
[21:12] * Talib * Any loose stones in the wall?
[21:12] * Hydrogen * Roll edge
[21:12] * Talib * ,srtest 4 (perc)
[21:12] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 0. Critical glitch!
[21:12] * Talib * (heh)
[21:13] * Ink will keep a look out for more tools along the way.
[21:13] * Hydrogen * Talib notices neither loose, nor rolling stones.
[21:14] * Hydrogen * I don't even know how to make that glitch interesting.
[21:14] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *shrugs, and says* "Out the door I think is our best bet.*
[21:14] * Talib * "We can probably get some strips off of this rotting mattress to wrap handles on these things."
[21:14] * Hydrogen * (Do you wish to stealth down the hallway?)
[21:16] * Talib * "It's our only bet. This is "Escape from Ft. Pliskin". Not "Hitch a ride out of Ft. Pliskin"."
[21:17] * Talib * "I'm a bit more concerned about why all that noise you made hasn't attracted any attention."
[21:17] * Ink nods, "All right."
[21:19] * Talib * "You two lead the way."
[21:19] * Hydrogen * Roll infiltration if you are in the advance team
[21:19] * Talib * "We'll be right behind you."
[21:19] * Ink nods again, and looks at Rob.
[21:19] * Ink * Uh oh....
[21:20] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[21:20] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 1. Glitch!
[21:20] * Ink * doh
[21:20] * Hydrogen * (The Emprah amuses me.)
[21:20] * Hydrogen * (Roll the bones Rob!)
[21:20] * FoulDwimmerlaik * oh shit
[21:21] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 2
[21:21] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 0.
[21:21] * Hydrogen * (btw, infiltration is agility + skill)
[21:21] * Talib * (Och! We're so bad at this...)
[21:21] * Hydrogen * (... seriously? O. M. G.)
[21:21] * Ink * (I don't have an infiltration skill....)
[21:22] * Hydrogen * (Rob, you have 2 edge right?)
[21:22] * Hydrogen * (Roll Edge.)
[21:23] * Hydrogen * (FYI, Siren, Edge is your luck stat. So sometimes I use that as the random encounter or result test)
[21:23] * Ink * (Gotcha. Should I also roll it?)
[21:24] * Hydrogen * (I want the highest edge in this case. As a human, his should be 2)
[21:25] * Ink * (Mine says 3. Is that wrong?)
[21:25] * Talib * (no, you probably bought some up)
[21:25] * Hydrogen * (Billlllllllllllllllllllllll)
[21:25] * Hydrogen * (Is your edge > 3 Bill?)
[21:25] * Hydrogen * (Go ahead and roll, Ink)
[21:26] * Ink * ,srtest 3
[21:26] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 1.
[21:27] * Hydrogen * So Ink and Rob go skulking down the hallway. This place feels very barren. The hallway is 100 feet long, but there are no other doors than the one to your room. The end of the hall is a 90 degree corner.
[21:28] * Ink * Any objects around? Above?
[21:29] * Hydrogen * Right as you come to it, a human wearing fatigues comes around the corner. He has earphones in his ears, and a stun club fastened to his belt.
[21:29] * Hydrogen * Surprise test!
[21:29] * Hydrogen * Roll reaction + intuition
[21:30] * Ink * ,srtest 7
[21:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 3.
[21:30] * Hydrogen * Neither of you get the drop bonus.
[21:30] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 8
[21:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 3.
[21:30] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 6
[21:30] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 2.
[21:30] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> sup :3
[21:30] * Hydrogen * You both win surprise. Oh oh.
[21:30] * Ink * Attack!
[21:30] * Hydrogen * Okay, so here is how it goes.
[21:31] * Hydrogen * You will now roll init. If you are surprised, you cannot act against the person who surprised you.
[21:31] * Hydrogen * So you will get a free combat turn to beat this dude down.
[21:31] * Ink * Yay
[21:31] * Hydrogen * Roll reaction + intuition to decide who gets to hit him first.
[21:31] * Ink * ,srtest 7
[21:31] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 2.
[21:32] * Hydrogen * Ink, your init is 7+2 = 9
[21:32] * Hydrogen * For Rob it will be...
[21:33] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Howdy!" *he says almost cheerily*
[21:33] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 8
[21:33] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 1.
[21:33] * Hydrogen * 8+1. A tie!
[21:33] * FoulDwimmerlaik * wataaaah
[21:33] * Hydrogen * His base is higher though. So Rob goes first.
[21:33] * Hydrogen * Rob, you have several options.
[21:33] * FoulDwimmerlaik * pfft, options
[21:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Rob is going to punch him in the jaw
[21:34] * Hydrogen * You can club him. You can punch him. You can grapple him. You can called shot for extra dmg.
[21:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 7
[21:34] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 3.
[21:34] * Hydrogen * Called shot is a free action (1 per pass), sacrifice up to 4 dice on your attack roll for bonus dmg.
[21:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ba-bam
[21:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * I guess he gets his dodge now
[21:35] * Hydrogen * Negative! No dodge when he lost surprise check versus you.
[21:35] * Hydrogen * He is flat footed.
[21:35] * Hydrogen * Straight up soak.
[21:35] * Ink * This is how I imagine Ink would respond to a surprise:
[21:35] * Ink * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFtG0jcFzPU
[21:36] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Okay, so damage is 3 hits +3+aluminium bone lacin punch
[21:36] * Hydrogen * His combat fatigues are equal to an urban explorer suit. 6 ballistic, 6 impact. So he rolls 3 body + 6 armor to resist 8 dmg from your punch.
[21:36] * FoulDwimmerlaik * soak that bro
[21:36] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 9
[21:36] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 0.
[21:36] * Hydrogen * Oh!
[21:36] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> I punched him in the hurty place
[21:37] * Hydrogen * Rob uppercuts the guard right in the jaw, and you can hear his jaw snapping and teeth crunching into dust. He takes so much damage, he drops to his knees and counts as prone.
[21:37] * Hydrogen * Ink!
[21:37] * Ink wants to knock him out.
[21:38] * Hydrogen * You can punch him for stun damage
[21:38] * Ink * Sure. Do I get extra dice for prone? Because I need it.
[21:38] * Hydrogen * I need to check how much that is. +2 dice I think.
[21:38] * Hydrogen * Remember, he gets no dodge test versus your punch.
[21:39] * Ink * okie dokie
[21:39] * Ink * ,srtest 5
[21:39] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 4.
[21:39] * Hydrogen * What's your STR?
[21:39] * Ink * 7
[21:40] * Hydrogen * 4+4 = 8 stun!
[21:40] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 9
[21:40] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 3.
[21:40] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (What's ink's setup idr)
[21:40] * Hydrogen * 6 dmg.
[21:40] * Ink * (what do you mean?)
[21:40] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (As in his/her specialties)
[21:40] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Rob is heavy weapons guy, but also is FISTPUNCH MEATJAW)
[21:40] * Hydrogen * Ink clocks him in the face while he is on his knees, and he crumples like a wet rag with his face bleeding in to the floor.
[21:41] * Hydrogen * You acquire 1 x unconscious guard.
[21:41] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Don't grab his weapons, they're probably coded to him. His uniform will be handy though."
[21:41] * Ink * (Oh. Ink is all bout the guns. And medic stuff.)
[21:42] * Hydrogen * (quick bio break. brb)
[21:42] * Talib strolls up once the sounds of fighting end. "We can see about that."
[21:43] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *begins stripping the guard, and will drag him out of the direct line of sight of the hallway if possible*
[21:43] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Quote of the night. It isn't shadowrun until you have .02 essence)
[21:44] * Hydrogen * (You can get him back to your cell, yeah.)
[21:45] * Hydrogen * The guard's stun club is not coded, but his commlink is. His armor doesn't contain a biomonitor, thankfully, or your prison break would already be over.
[21:45] ! Unknown command: srtest
[21:45] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (analyze commlink node)
[21:45] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 5.
[21:46] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *looks at the stun club and shrugs, handing it off to someone else* "This ain't my bag. My fists are all I need."
[21:46] * Ink takes it, frowning. It probably won't do me much more good than my unarmed attacks.
[21:46] * Talib will take it, then.
[21:47] * Hydrogen * It looks like a rating 3 commlink, Talib. It is probably subscribed to some nodes that aren't jammed outside this hallway, and it has an IR blaster for primitive IR locks.
[21:48] * Talib will try to take ownership.
[21:48] * Hydrogen * (what level do you want?)
[21:49] * Hydrogen * Do you guys explore the end of the hallway while Talib does his thing?
[21:49] * Ink * Sure. Sounds good.
[21:50] * Hydrogen * Roll perception my favorite unstealthy scouts.
[21:50] * Talib * Security, I think. That's thresh 6?
[21:51] * Ink * ,srtest 12
[21:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 5.
[21:51] * Hydrogen * (aye, T)
[21:51] * Talib * ,srtest 9
[21:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[21:51] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 6
[21:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 1.
[21:51] * Hydrogen * (It's so hard for me not to type ,roll instead of ,srtest)
[21:51] * Talib * ,srtest 6
[21:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[21:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * perception
[21:51] * Hydrogen * ,srtest 6
[21:51] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Hydrogen, hits: 1.
[21:52] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 4
[21:52] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 0.
[21:52] * Hydrogen * Talib has security access on the guard's link.
[21:53] * Hydrogen * Ink can hear the sound of a cheap ceiling fan, and the sound of a TV coming from the next room. There is some kind of intercom going on outside.
[21:53] * Hydrogen * (do you speak korean?)
[21:53] * Ink * (Unfortunately, no. Cantonese)
[21:53] * Hydrogen * (Then you do not understand the intercom)
[21:54] * Hydrogen * Matrix perception, Talib?
[21:54] * Ink reports back.
[21:55] * Talib * ,srtest 9
[21:55] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 2. Glitch!
[21:55] * Talib * (...)
[21:57] * Hydrogen * Talib can't seem to shut down the music player. It's streaming constant bad korean pop music. - 1 to all tests while using this commlink. But you also see that this guy had a panic button app ready. It looks like a "summon security drone to kick ***" button.
[21:57] * Talib * Ooo. Can I piggy back to the drone?
[21:57] * Hydrogen * Do another perception test.
[21:57] * Hydrogen * (matrix)
[21:57] * Talib * ,srtest 9
[21:57] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[21:58] * Hydrogen * Yes. Just barely, but you find the node.
[21:59] * Hydrogen * (btw, I'm streamlining a lot of these hacking tests so I don't go freaking bonkers.)
[21:59] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (analyze node)
[21:59] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 3.
[21:59] * Hydrogen * (Matrix rules were written by sadists.)
[21:59] * Talib * (yeah. though it's better than it used to be)
[21:59] * Hydrogen * You are unable to ascertain the rating of the node.
[22:00] * Talib * Polls the network to see what else is around.
[22:01] * Talib * (should be an automatic success with this device)
[22:01] * Hydrogen * You need to get out of the hallway get access to stuff. This is all you can get while in the jammed hallway.
[22:02] * Talib * Dispatches his sprite to see what it can determine about the drone node.
[22:02] * Talib * While we move on or whatever.
[22:02] * Hydrogen * (ok)
[22:03] * Hydrogen * (stepping beyond the hallway?)
[22:03] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *looks at ink* "Take 'em?" *he whispers*
[22:04] * Ink nods dejectedly.
[22:04] * Talib * (it's R5, so all standard tests should be at 10. It's bonus CF is Edit)
[22:05] * Talib * ,srtest 10 (sprite analysis)
[22:05] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 5.
[22:05] * Hydrogen * Rating 4 system
[22:06] * Talib * Can I use my knowledg to determine what I'm looking at/get bonuses for cracking it?
[22:08] * Talib * (I've got Vehicle Security Design and Drone Designs)
[22:08] * Hydrogen * Peeking into the room around the corner, it is basically a guard bunker room. There is a big metal locker in the wall which contains a crude looking humanoid loader drone. For the love of God, it looks like it has a built in flame thrower, and bolted on armor plating. Who is their mechanic? A pyromaniac hobo?
[22:08] * Hydrogen * There is a weapons locker, and a closet for uniforms. And there is a pillbox style window looking outside.
[22:08] * Talib * Does that correspond with the node we're looking at?
[22:08] * Hydrogen * Aye
[22:09] * Talib * ,srtest 11 (drone designs to try and ID the base model)
[22:09] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 6.
[22:09] * Hydrogen * It's a primitive, up-armored Otomo.
[22:09] * Ink points to the uniform closet and weapons locker.
[22:09] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Are there any guards in it?)
[22:09] * Hydrogen * 2040 model.
[22:09] * Hydrogen * No guards in the bunker.
[22:10] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <ibram> *rolls in, heading for the closet, checking for actual, you know, cameras and/or card locks before he does more than peep in*
[22:10] * FoulDwimmerlaik * uhh
[22:10] * FoulDwimmerlaik * should be rob
[22:10] * Talib * Out of curiosity - the guard they beat up. Also Korean?
[22:10] * Hydrogen * Yes.
[22:11] * Talib * ,srtest 9 (analysis to detect security nodes in the room)
[22:11] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 2.
[22:11] * Ink wants to find a heavy pistol and a good shotgun.
[22:11] * Talib * Oh, wait - finding nodes isn't a test with device access.
[22:11] * Hydrogen * The weapons locker has IR locks.
[22:11] * Talib * (well, non-hidden nodes)
[22:12] * Hydrogen * The only thing that commlink is subscribed to here is the security drone.
[22:12] * Talib * Ah
[22:12] * Talib * Ok. So either of you two spot any cameras?
[22:12] * Ink * ,srtest 12
[22:12] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 4.
[22:13] * Hydrogen * There is a camera with a cable hanging free from the base.
[22:13] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 4
[22:13] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 1.
[22:13] * Talib * ...
[22:14] * Ink relays info.
[22:14] * Talib * "Who would unplug a security camera?"
[22:14] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Any idea on how to boggle a camera?" *he asks back*
[22:14] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (as in it was unplugged?)
[22:14] * Hydrogen * Yeah.
[22:15] * Talib * Is there an open jack on the wall where it used to go?
[22:15] * Hydrogen * Yup.
[22:15] * Talib * Compatible port on the commlink?
[22:15] * Ink looks at Talib.
[22:15] * Hydrogen * It's the power plug.
[22:16] * Talib * Oh.
[22:16] * Hydrogen * Let me know when/if you enter the room.
[22:16] * Talib is hanging outside the door unless/until the meatshields say it's safe.
[22:17] * Ink will sigh and proceed into the room cautiously.
[22:17] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *much the same*
[22:18] * Talib * "Don't open the lockers until I get at them."
[22:19] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Right"
[22:19] * Talib * So the physical party is heading in.
[22:19] * Ink * Fa sho.
[22:20] * Hydrogen * As you enter the room, you can see the world outside the window suddenly render in Assassin's Creed style as buildings pop into existence. There are rows and rows of korean troops in morning drill exercises while a voice drones on and on and on over the intercom. An image of North Korea's long dead God-Emperor watches over them from a giant billboard. It's a military camp of sorts. Half...
[22:20] * Hydrogen * ...the structures are tent and tarp. Very little is hardened. It is late afternoon. There is a river forming the perimeter, like a moat.
[22:21] * Hydrogen * Roll perception.
[22:21] * Ink * Visual?
[22:21] * Hydrogen * yes
[22:22] * Talib * ,srtest 4
[22:22] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Talib, hits: 1.
[22:22] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ,srtest 4
[22:22] * Klokwerk_Emprah * FoulDwimmerlaik, hits: 0. Critical glitch!
[22:22] * Hydrogen * Rob sees a porn magazine on the floor, and it consumes his attention.
[22:22] * Ink * ,srtest 12
[22:22] * Klokwerk_Emprah * Ink, hits: 2.
[22:23] * Hydrogen * Ink notices a metal structure out the corner of one window. Very modern looking equipment. Missiles.
[22:24] * Ink makes a mention of it.
[22:25] * Talib * "Like a rocket launcher or a tank or ICBM?"
[22:25] * Hydrogen * A digital voice speaks up. "New objective identified. Microcore anti-matter MIRV missiles recognized. Mission parameters updated. Primary objective, destroy Elemental technology. Secondary objective, escape."
[22:25] * Talib * "Oh. Damn."
[22:26] * Hydrogen * These are anti-air sized missiles. But with anti-matter warheads, a small missile packs a much bigger punch.
[22:27] * Ink sighs, looks at Talib, and gestures toward the armory and uniform closets.
[22:28] * Talib nods, "Yeah, yeah."
[22:28] * Talib checks out the locks. Do they register on the guard's commlink?
[22:29] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "All right, super tits."
[22:29] * Hydrogen * Bloop. Unlocked.
[22:29] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "I mean, shit, what?"
[22:30] * Hydrogen * The gun locker contains the following.
[22:30] * Talib * "There we go." He glances out the window, then back at his companions, "Of course, finding stuff in our size may still be an issue."
[22:30] * Hydrogen * 2 defiance ex shocker tasers.
[22:30] * Talib * "Not that we'll pass as N-Kor regulars, anyway.
[22:30] * Hydrogen * 2 Colt America L36 light pistols
[22:31] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Yeah, I'm a little big."
[22:31] * Hydrogen * 1 Ares Predator IV
[22:31] * Hydrogen * 1 Ruger Super Warhawk
[22:31] * Hydrogen * One Uzi IV
[22:31] * Ink scratches his head.
[22:32] * Hydrogen * 3 AK 97s
[22:32] * Hydrogen * 1 Remington 990 shotgun
[22:32] * Hydrogen * 1 Ruger 100 Sport Rifle
[22:32] * Hydrogen * 3 frag grenades
[22:33] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *looks at the warhawk, grabs that, and the AK 97, takes a frag grenade as well, holding it up* "Anyone else know how to use these?"
[22:33] * Hydrogen * 2 armored jackets, and 2 urban explorers (fatigues) armor
[22:33] * Ink immediately reaches for the shotgun, checking ammo and safety. And proceeds to grab one of the pistols and a frag grenade.
[22:33] * Ink * Oo!
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *will slip into the fatigues from unconscious guy*
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Oh
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * And are any of the weapons smartlinked?
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *will sync 'em up if so*
[22:34] * Talib * Pred 4 is by default.
[22:34] * Hydrogen * The predator, the shotgun, and 1 AK are smartlinked.
[22:34] * Ink will look for a uniform to squeeze into.
[22:34] * Hydrogen * There are laser sights for the rest.
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *nabs the smartlinked AK*
[22:34] * FoulDwimmerlaik * what does everyone look like btw?
[22:35] * Ink * Are there glasses or commlinks here?
[22:35] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *looks a bit like metal gear era 1 solid snake. No mullet or stubble yet*
[22:36] * Hydrogen * There are smart link compatible glasses and some helmets in the locker too. The glasses come with earbuds. They have image and audio links for coordination and whatnot.
[22:36] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (Is the AK 97 an SMG or a long rifle now idkr)
[22:36] * Hydrogen * Assault rifles. These are not the carbine versions.
[22:36] * FoulDwimmerlaik * (I know they were some weirdass thing in 3rd)
[22:36] * Ink looks like a giant black guy. Close-shaved head.
[22:36] * Ink * Did you say what kinds of rounds we found?
[22:37] * Hydrogen * Normal bullets, and the shotgun has buckshot.
[22:37] * Talib is a chubby arab dude.
[22:37] * Hydrogen * 2 reloads available for each weapon.
[22:37] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *has the notable chitinous look of someone with some built in body armor, however*
[22:38] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Okay, you guys should split up the pistols n' such. If nothing else everyone should carry an AK so we actually look friggin uniform."
[22:38] * Talib will take a fatigue, the pred, a taser and some tac gear
[22:38] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "Might briefly fool someone who is relying on visual ID."
[22:38] * Ink would like some armor
[22:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> *hands ink the other urban explorer fatigues*
[22:39] * FoulDwimmerlaik * <rob> "That'll do."
[22:40] * Hydrogen * Alright. You have 1 guard commlink, and Talib /is/ a commlink. You need 1 more so everybody has a radio and can get their AR game on.
[22:40] * Talib will also sling on an AK, as per suggestion.
[22:40] * Ink will get on that. And the AK, following suit.
[22:41] * Talib * No commlinks in the helmets or anything?
[22:41] * Hydrogen * I think we will end here, if everybody is okay with that?
[22:41] * Talib * We can.
[22:41] * Hydrogen * Negatory. I've got to keep you hungry so you press forward!
[22:41] * Talib * Heh
[22:41] * Talib * Right
[22:41] * Ink * Okie dokie
[22:41] * Hydrogen * On site procurement baby.
[22:42] ^ Talib is now known as Rivet_
[22:42] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Haha
[22:42] ^ Hydrogen is now known as Gerhal
[22:42] * FoulDwimmerlaik * I hope Rob is fun
[22:42] * FoulDwimmerlaik * he's kinda a cheerful heavy weapons guy
[22:42] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Punches people and takes their shit
[22:42] * Rivet_ * Robo-Ibram
[22:42] * Ink * I'm a fan of punching.
[22:43] * Gerhal * My goal in the intro is to throw as many game test examples I can at you so you have a feel for what you can do, how, and whether you built your character with a flaw you did not anticipate.
[22:43] * Gerhal * And if I kill you in VR, that's okay too. =)
[22:43] * Rivet_ * heh. Yeah.
[22:43] * Ink * *ahem* (like no unarmed combat)
[22:43] * Rivet_ * Or negative stealth
[22:44] * Gerhal * rofl, that's such a first.
[22:44] * Gerhal * An entire team with no stealth.
[22:44] * Gerhal * In DnD, sure.
[22:44] * Ink * heh....
[22:44] * Gerhal * In Shadowrun, that's seriously BadWrongFun territory.
[22:44] * Rivet_ * Well, we're not shadowrunners. =)
[22:45] * Gerhal * True, true.
[22:45] * Ink * lol
[22:45] * Rivet_ * Talib is mostly a desk jockey. And whenever Ink or Rob would show up, being quiet isn't top priority. In Rob's case, it's pretty much the opposite of what he's for.
[22:45] * Gerhal * Impressions or suggestions so far?
[22:46] * Rivet_ * I'm digging it so far. As you said, it's the tutorial mission. And I need it.
[22:46] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Rob's like a Commando from SWTOR
[22:46] * FoulDwimmerlaik * he just grabs a huge fuck off gun and mows dudes down
[22:47] * Gerhal * Minus the healing bullets.
[22:47] * Gerhal * =)
[22:47] * FoulDwimmerlaik * FOR THE REPUBLIC!
[22:47] * Ink * No, everything seems pretty cool. But disclaimer/preemptive apology: I will be suuuuper slow catching on to everything, so I am sorry if/when I slow things down.
[22:47] * FoulDwimmerlaik * pew pew pew
[22:47] * FoulDwimmerlaik * nah you're doing good
[22:47] * Rivet_ * Yep
[22:47] * Ink * And I also appreciate the help
[22:47] * Gerhal * No worries, Siren. It's been so long since I played SR last, I need the refresher myself.
[22:48] * Rivet_ * Ditto.
[22:48] * Ink * Cool cool
[22:49] * Gerhal * Obviously, I need to throw an army of iron doors at you, and not guards.
[22:49] * Gerhal * =)
[22:49] * Ink * lol. Apparently!
[22:49] * Ink * I'm not sure if I should sacrifice a skill point in something else to have enough for a little unarmed combat.
[22:49] * Ink * Or, you know, infiltration or something
[22:50] * Gerhal * Don't worry. You will get karma after the mission, and 1 skill point is super cheap.
[22:50] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Yeah don't worry
[22:50] * FoulDwimmerlaik * My philosophy is this
[22:50] * Gerhal * Because we advance so slow, I'm thinking of awarding 6 karma every Sunday.
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Always have unarmed combat
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Because if you depend on weapons
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * you might not have it
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * but if you have unarmed combat
[22:51] * Rivet_ * Maybe drop a stat point, if you're really concerned. That's two skill points and a spec
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * you can always take some other sucker's gun
[22:51] * FoulDwimmerlaik * ;3
[22:51] * Ink * lol. Sounds good.
[22:51] * Ink * Maybe drop an edge?
[22:51] * Rivet_ * or buy another five point negative quality.
[22:52] * Rivet_ * That, too.
[22:52] * Ink * Oh right.
[22:53] * Rivet_ * Heh. We're the most un-cinematic action heroes ever.
[22:53] * Ink * lol
[22:53] * Rivet_ * Basically, we're the guys in Section 9 who *aren" Batou or Maj. Kusanagi
[22:54] * Gerhal * Those guys who get 1 episode every 2 years?
[22:54] * Gerhal * =)
[22:54] * Rivet_ * Yeah
[22:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * pfft.
[22:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * What are you talking about?
[22:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Rob is plenty cinematic
[22:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmPylZecOQc
[22:55] * FoulDwimmerlaik * see?
[22:56] * Gerhal * If Nacho joins us next week, and he's still a cyborg, I'm totally making him play the prison robot.
[22:56] * Gerhal * =P
[22:56] * FoulDwimmerlaik * I love commando
[22:56] * FoulDwimmerlaik * best bad 80s action movie of all
[22:59] * Gerhal * I will do my best to conclude this mission next Sunday. Call it a timed mission.
[22:59] * Gerhal * Okay?
[23:00] * Rivet_ * aight
[23:00] * Ink * Sounds good.
[23:00] * Ink * I have never seen commando, bill, but it seems pretty great, judging by the youtube clip
[23:00] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Just accept it for what it is
[23:00] * Rivet_ * I've never watched it, either.
[23:00] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Arnold killing people and saying one liners
[23:01] * Ink * Like. "Como estas?"
[23:01] * Gerhal * I saw it. I don't remember whenl
[23:01] * FoulDwimmerlaik * haha
[23:02] * Ink * Or, I guess more like, "COMO ESTAS!"
[23:02] * FoulDwimmerlaik * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1VniHR3AHQ
[23:02] * FoulDwimmerlaik * more like this
[23:02] * Gerhal * =)
[23:03] * FoulDwimmerlaik * http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Tkkpfhd07s
[23:03] * FoulDwimmerlaik * And then he beats the guy to death
[23:04] * Ink * lol
[23:04] * Rivet_ * heh totally took that guy's scalp off with a thrown knife
[23:04] * Ink * The cream of the movie-writer crop
[23:05] * FoulDwimmerlaik * hahaha
[23:05] * FoulDwimmerlaik * This movie was so bad it was amazing
[23:23] * Nacht * "You promised you'd kill me last." - I lied
[23:23] * FoulDwimmerlaik * yes
[23:23] * FoulDwimmerlaik * Nacht knows what it is all about
[23:23] * Nacht * and... Let off some steam, Bennet.
[23:27] * Nacht * That movie was awesome.
[23:45] < Gerhal has disconnected (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.89 [Firefox 16.0.1/20121010144125])
[00:07] * Nacht * night ya'll
[00:08] < Nacht has disconnected (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[00:47] < Klokwerk_Emprah has disconnected (Remote host closed the connection)

21OCT12

The Quantum Leap Rivet